A Year in Pictures

I've decided that I need to be a little more proactive at reflecting on the good fortune in my life. I have so much to be thankful for and so many talents that I need to nurture. I love taking pictures so what better way to get a look at the great things going on around me than to document them in photos. I think it is important for me to journal about the photos too, more of a way for me to reflect and remember rather than boast or bore you!
I hope this works!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday March 30, 2011

Voices for Africa 6!
This amazing fundraiser for orphans in Africa has existed for 6 years as a result of the hard work of my friends Heather Polan and Jamie Miller.  They have led an awesome team of teachers and students in making a difference in dealing with the AIDS pandemic in Africa.
Tonight I was brought to tears by the voices of the many young people who reached out to help others.  I really wonder if they even know the impact of their work.
I was thrilled with the results of our raffle which added to the fundraising effort and gave me a tangible role to play in the event.
What a wonderful way to help.

No comments: