A Year in Pictures

I've decided that I need to be a little more proactive at reflecting on the good fortune in my life. I have so much to be thankful for and so many talents that I need to nurture. I love taking pictures so what better way to get a look at the great things going on around me than to document them in photos. I think it is important for me to journal about the photos too, more of a way for me to reflect and remember rather than boast or bore you!
I hope this works!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday January 5, 2011

So I felt pretty lucky today to have my mom at my side all day.  We woke up and started the daily scramble to get to school before the bell.  It was nice to have my mom to make my sandwich so I could dry my hair.  It's all a trade-off...I did make her a skinny cinnamon dolce latte so she was not complaining.
It is the kick-off to the Forest of Reading programme and I had about 200 books that needed to be processed with stickers, barcodes, labels etc. etc. The reading programme has students reading Canadian books that are nominated in their age category.  They read as many as they can by April and then vote for their favourite.  It was funny to watch students come to the library and linger around mom's workstation.  I love how the real readers come out of the woodwork and come and ask for books.  I also love how my struggling readers come in and get the books that they hear are the best, in hopes of finally being hooked on reading or at least finding out what all the fuss is about.  Most of the books are done as you see in the picture.  Now my job is to keep up with the kids in reading as many as possible so we can chat about the books and choose our favourites.

No comments: